Friday, December 20, 2013

OOTD & A Shopping Date

Happy Weekend Everyone! I started my weekend off by spending time with my mom.  We did some Christmas shopping, had a cupcake date at a local bakery and had a few laughs along the way.

OOTD:








Jacket: American Eagle (No longer sold) - Similar
I am totally in love with this coat.  It was a gift from last year that I forgot about over the spring and summer months.  Now that I am home for the winter, I recently discovered it and haven't stopped wearing it.
Sweater: J. Crew
Necklace: Francesca's (Sale Item) - Similar
Boots: Marc Fisher
Want to learn how to do a side braid? Check out my post about braid tutorials.

My favorite purchases from today:



A note on those shoes: The are so much cuter in person.  I had to order them online because they did not have my size in store, so as soon as they come in, I can assure you I will post a picture of them!  Also, I do not like Khol's.  Every Khol's store I walk into is always a disaster.  For example, a child threw up in the shoe department today... I know it is the holiday season and employees are busy, but throw up?! That is gross.  However, I find Khol's can have some incredibly cute tops, dresses, and shoes.  They also have great deals, so sometimes it is worth the occasional trip.

We ended our shopping day at our favorite bakery, Sweet Indulgence, to grab a cupcake and an frozen hot chocolate.  The owner, Kerri Cupcake, does a great job making her wonderful creative visions come to life.  The Sweet Indulgence team recently opened up their second bakery, and it is the epitome of Parisian chic.  Pale pink walls, with pink and gray tiled floors and a picturesque sweets counter welcome you in.  To eat, I had my favorite Sea Salt Caramel Cupcake and a Peanut Butter and Jelly Macaroon.

My mom had a White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake with a Dark Chocolate & Peppermint Macaroon.


Here is a picture of the delicious Frozen Hot Chocolate we shared.


I am so in love with their delicious treats.  Check out their Facebook page to see pictures and keep up with Sweet Indulgence news.


No comments:

Post a Comment