Saturday, December 28, 2013

5 Must Read Articles

Since entering college, I have tried asserting myself into the news. I think it is important to have a knowledge of what is going on in our country.  While we should still be trying to support the newspaper industry, sometimes it is hard to keep up with the paper, especially when you don't have access to purchase a copy.  So I decided to follow news-based Twitter accounts.  I was drawn to these accounts because I can get a quick synopsis of a breaking-story without having to search for it.  If my interest is piqued, the article is typically linked in the tweet. Accessible and convenient.  I like to follow The Associated Press, @AP, and CNN Breaking News, @ccnbrk. Don't overwhelm yourself by following too many accounts, because all the news stations typically cover the same events and issues.  You will become quickly aggravated by your feed.
Read more to see my 5 Must Read Articles


1. President Obama signed a new military bill to cut down on sexual assault within the military.  Last semester I researched this issue for a paper and was disgusted by the high volume of sexual abuse within a system meant to protect us.  Read about it here.

2. The other night I was watching NBC's Nightly News and found this woman's passion to be moving and heart-warming.  After having a child with Down syndrome, she dedicated her life to creating an environment for children with this condition to play, be children, and grow.  Watch the video or read the article here.

3. In a revolutionary decision, the Boy Scouts of America are establishing a new tradition and are now welcoming openly gay individuals to join the scouts.  Read about the progress of this American institution here.

4. Another Fashionista find, Kanye bought Kim a Birkin bag for Christmas.  Plot twist, the bag has a hand painted illustration of naked women and a monster... Why is that necessary.  You have to see this bag in its vile glory.

5. This is an article for fun.  I am a lover of all things Disney, especially Disney Princess, and here a Cosmo editor ranked the Disney Princess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment