Monday, December 9, 2013

5 Beauty Products to Try Out

For anyone who knows me, I am a Sephora addict.  I am absolutely mesmerized by the polished, sleek and magnificent store.  Of course, being a student means I have a limited income to spending money on the high-end products sold by this make-up megastore.  Therefore, I do a significant amount of research when I am interested in making a splurge on a product.  Here is my latest list of 5 products I am dying to get my hands on, both from Sephora and the more inexspensive drugstore:

This is a highly raved skin treatment that has been on the market for about a year.  Super-Mud has been raved about by MEN and women from YouTube vloggers to editors at Cosmo as the best. mask. ever.  That seems to be a lot of pressure for some "mud".  So I looked into the ingredients and what other aspects of the magic mud GlamGlow boasts about.  A few notes that truly stuck out was that the mask can absorb up to 500 times its own mass and that it contains new ACNECIDIC-6 4.4%.  This is a blend of all the acids known to clear skin, unclog pores and keep them clean!  ACNECIDIC-6 includes glycolic, salicylic, lactic, mandelic, pyruvic and azelaic.  Some of those names, while they sound scary, are found in common drug strore face washes and treatments.  However this combination is concentrated enough to remove the grime from skin yet refrain from irritating it.  Once I get my hands on this charcoal mask, I will give you my thoughts on its effectiveness!  If you are already interested, Sephora offers the 1.2 oz product for a hefty $69.00 with free shipping, and I have found it on Amazon for about $40, the same amount of product, with free shipping for Amazon Prime members.

Eyeliner? Mascara? This 3 - Way Lash tool is used mainly to fill in the spaces on your upper and lower lash line to make the area look thicker and more lush.  Too Faced also boasts of its ability to enhance your tightlining and cat eye skills.  I would most likely use it for fill in spots between lashes.  This is a great tool for creating a "no make-up" with make-up look.  I remain hesitant at its $22.00 price tag.  "No make-up" looks are supposed to be cheap!

This has been a raved about moisturizer by beauty magazines for a few years.  While I struggle to see the difference between this product and BB Cream, other than a new marketing strategy, this product clearly has set a name for itself.  What I love about this product is its SPF 20 to protect skin at all times and that users still find it gives them a healthy, natural glow.  This product would be a splurge considering its $43.00 for only 1.7 oz, and I can pick up a tinted moisturizer at the drugstore for $12 or $13.


These new hybrid gloss/lipsticks have received the attention of beauty gurus due to their bright, pigmented colors and unique formulas.  Maybelline offers 20 shades in their hyper-saturated color, glassy formula.  Temptalia has been posting reviews of the product in groups of about three shades until she works through the entire collection.  I have been a loyal fan of Maybelline, especially their Color Sensational lip collections.  Perhaps I will try shades Breathtaking Apricot and Captivating Carnation.  They can be purchased at Ulta for $8.99.

5. Boar Bristled Round Brush
Recently, I have been teaching myself how to blow dry my hair using a round brush, blowout style.  It is a very difficult process, my friends.  In the past, I was afraid to test the technique because my hair is so long and thick that it would take forever, and to make matters worse, I have never been a coordinated individual...  But the time old cliché is true, practice makes perfect.  Through my test runs and various research, I have found that using a brush with both boar bristles and plastic bristles will create the most shine and produce the best results.  I have a traditional round brush that just has plastic bristles, so I want to try out the boar bristles for a go.  The brush pictured is by Revlon and can be purchased from Ulta for $9.

Do you have similar picks on your list?





No comments:

Post a Comment