Monday, December 16, 2013

Getting Organized

Today was a major cleaning day.  I spent the entire day cleaning out two bookcases, a closet and the desk all in my study.  I started with three large trashbags, a handheld Swiffer, a long handled Swiffer, and a vacuum.  As of 7:00pm, I filled two of the bags and dusted and vacuumed the whole room.  I feel that the room is 85% clean.  I needed to sort through a lot of - for lack of a better word- STUFF left over from high school, middle school, and the STUFF that was left a mess from packing up for college.  My study has always been my home and my happy place - as it hold my nail polish collection - but from the clutter, it was not welcoming in any sense.  So I am trying to get back on track.
One of the obstacles I am looking to overcome is my overwhelming collection of magazines.  I guess you could say I'm a hoarder... I have issues of Seventeen that date back to 2008 and there are a few issues of CosmoGirl, which isn't even in print anymore... I also have a high number of InStyle issues and a few Glamour scattered.  But that doesn't even include the magazines I buy, as oppose to subscribe to... Collector or hoarder, you can decide.




While I want to keep some of those magazines around to maintain some fashion-nostalgia, I NEED to find a cute yet effective method of storage.  As of now they are just stacked on a shelf, looking sad and lonely.  So I looked to The Container Store.  If you haven't heard of this gift of God, it is an organizer's dream.  They offer a wide selection for office, bathroom, dorm, bedroom and closet organizational needs.  The best part is that everything is reasonably priced, and there is usually a sale.  Here is what I found for magazines:




I loved this for use in college or limited space situations

One of my resolutions for next year will be to better manage my magazine obsession...



No comments:

Post a Comment