Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Winter Wind

I am back at school, and while getting back in the groove of classes and being surrounded by friends has been great... the weather not so much.  My northeast friends know exactly what I am talking about with the return of the polar vortex.  My hometown was hit with double digit snowfalls yesterday.  Yet while my school did not receive any snow, we are suffering in the form of wind.  The wind coming off the Hudson River, (the campus is literally on the Hudson) is brutally cold.  My poor lips have suffered the most from the wintry wind.  Not to mention I've been battling a cold.

However, a godsend has been LUSH's Mint Julips Lip Scrub.  I've been eyeing the product for some time and when a friend recommended it to me about a month ago, I knew it was meant to be.






The sugar scrub is priced at an affordable $10 and is easy to use, keeping the process mess-free!  LUSH describes the product as, "Tasty mint chocolate sugar lip buffer for smooth moves and sweeter kisses".  What I love is that after you "scrub and buff" your lips, you can lick it off and enjoy the refreshing mint taste.  For those of you who aren't chocolate fans, the flavor is subtle.

I finish off my scrub with some chap stick to lock in moisture.  I'm not very picky when it comes to lip balm.  However, my go-to's at the moment include Nivea's A Kiss of Moisture Essential Lip Care and Maybelline's Baby Lips.

You can pick up Mint Julips in store or online.  If you aren't sold on the mint-chocolate combo, LUSH also offers Bubble Gum and Popcorn flavored scrubs.  LUSH is such a wonderful company as all their products are handmade and created with fresh ingredients, so refreshing in a world of artificial sweeteners and substitutes.

Protect your puckers from the tough winters!

No comments:

Post a Comment