Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year, New Nail Polish?

My favorite beauty item ever is nail polish.  I love it. I have over 170 bottles of lacquer ranging from cremes, glitter, holographics, and everything in between.  There will be a post on my collection in the near future.  Today I thought I would share with you some of the upcoming collections from my favorite brands.

OPI Spring 2014: Brazil Collection 

Keep reading for more.


In this collection, I love the balance of brights and neutrals.  Spring is a unique season because we are excited to break through the bleak winter weather and embrace boundless sunshine, yet rainy days keep those neutrals in season.  OPI's Brazil inspired collection will up the anticipation for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Here is the list of fun names and their description from OPI.
1st Row (L-R):
Next Stop... The Bikini Zone: This amethyst-toned pewter suits me just fine
Don't Bossa Nova Me Around: Nobody can stop me from wearing this creamy nude!
Taupe-less Beach: There's nothing optional about wearing this enchanting taupe.
I São Paulo Over There: He was sipping coffee with this mocha-toned beauty.
OPI Scores a Goal!:Make your point in this winning shade of rich chocolate.
2nd Row (L-R):
I Just Can't Cope-acabana: Nothing lifts your spirits like this sunshine yellow.
Where Did Suzi's Man-go?: He went to fetch her this delicious mango smoothie.
Toucan Do It If You Try: You have talent to achieve anything in this confident orange.
Kiss Me I'm Brazilian: Plant this warm luscious pink on me!
Live. Love. Carnaval: This vibrant and festive coral is the life of the party.
Red Hot Rio: A ruby red as hot as the most exciting city in Brazil.
The Brazil Collection will be available February 5th, 2014.

Essie Resort Collection: Resort Fling 2014

Here are the swatches (click the link for here reviews!) from ImABeautyGeek.
The polishes will be released after February 1, 2014.
Find Me An Oasis

Cocktails & Coco

Resort Fling - My favorite of the collection


Under the Twilight



China Glaze Crinkled Chrome
The textured polishes haven't died yet.  I was never a big fan of the transformative polishes.  I have on have one "crackle" polish and one liquid sand polish. I guess I am just an ol' fashion girl when it comes to my nails.  Although I do get a little crazy when I throw a matte top coat on regular polish.  Anyways, the crinkled texture appears to be more mild compared to the liquid sand/leather textures.
AllLacqueredUp swatched all the shades, but from what I can tell the polishes are true to the advertisement color, and the texture remained consistent.  So here is I'm Chromantic.

I'm intrigued by these polishes.  Perhaps I'll pick one up at Sally's before I leave for school.  They are available at Sally's and Ulta now, and can be picked up online as well.

Here's the final spring collection I'll share with you.  It's Zoya's "Naturel" rose toned nude collection.  If you follow Zoya on social media, you've seen them heavily promoting this new collection.  For someone building their collection or starting out with wearing polish everyday this is a great starter collection.  
I recommend checking out Vampy Varnish for more details and swatches.  I may pick out one or two from this collection, as I am a sucker for rose-toned anything, it is the perfect nod to femininity.  This collection is available now from Zoya.com

So, I said that was my final spring collection, but I want to share with you my most favorite collection of the new year.  You may or may not have heard of the collaboration between Carrie Underwood and Nicole by OPI.  Being such an avid Carrie fan since her Idol audition and a nail polish lover, this is the most perfect collection for me.  I am beyond excited that these are in stores now! Unfortunately, I haven't seen them in the Walmarts or Targets around me, but I will be heading up to Ulta as soon as possible to see if they will be sold there.  Here is a look at these polishes (swatches here and here), all named after Carrie's hits and the most lovable traits of the Queen of Country.


All of the brands in this blog are available at Ulta and Amazon.  Sometimes you can get lucky at Walmart, Target or CVS with new collections of Essie and Nicole by OPI.

Are you excited for spring? I know I am with these new polishes.  For now I'll begin the slow transition from muted neutrals and dark navys and burgandys to the bright colors of spring!

1 comment:

  1. Essie have definitely done it again! Love that collection! Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen that collection until now.

    nailedition.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete