Monday, January 27, 2014

Lorde's Grammy Nail Art

Who watched the Grammys last night? Quite a show, right? My favorite performance had to be Macklemore and Ryan Lewis's, featuring Mary Lambert, Madonna AND Queen Latifah.  What showstoppers.  I have been totally loving the songs for good causes, for example, Same Love, Brave, and the song Hunter Hayes debuted last night, Invisible.
Celebrities have such a power over the minds of young fans, and I am happy that they are making music with powerful messages and lyrics.

Anyways, Lorde gave an... interesting performance last night.  I am impressed with the singer as she is 17 and from New Zealand.  Everyone hates on her artistic vision, but when you are a megastar at 17, and have a Grammy, we will talk.  If you missed her performance, here it is:

Anyways, she had quite a statement going on with her nails.  During the performance, I had literally no idea what she had going on... but after some research, Lorde dyed her fingertips.  You can see it better in this picture:

According to Elle, the look is inspired by Michele Lamy who uses Japanese henna to dye her tips.

I don't think this nail trend will be hitting the salons anytime soon.  I'm sure it will make its rounds on the runway if it hasn't already.
Do you think her attempt at artistic expression was a hit or a miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment