Wednesday, January 1, 2014

After Christmas Deals & Radiant Orchid

Happy 2014 everyone!  Not only is it the year of the Sochi Winter Olympics games but it is also the year of Radiant Orchid.  Personally, and Olympic year is a bound to be a good one, but when the celebrated color is in the pink/purple family, I know it is going to be fantastic.

Today, I want to show you my latest fashion find.  I went shopping the other day and found this wool peacoat for a great deal.  If you find yourself looking for a new winter jacket at the first sign of winter, wait.  Stores know that you will be dying to get your hands on the latest trends as the temperatures begin to drop.  Prices however, remain quite high.  You may be lucky and score a deal during a Black Friday sale, like my best friend Sarah did.  If not, do not let the temptation of a new jacket take over your willpower and your wallet.  After Christmas sales are the best places to score deals on items featured in the store windows.  Why? Because designers are anxious to get their spring lines out for the new year therefore must clear out sweaters and other hallmarks of winter wear.  By going shopping the week after Christmas you are guaranteed to score a good deal in department stores.  Keep reading to see my deal....





Here is my favorite after Christmas deal and my way of incorporating Radiant Orchid:



This Anne Kline coat was originally $225, and I paid $80.  A deal like that made this peacoat so much more appealing.  However, I was really drawn to it because of this beautiful shade of purple/pink.  I was so excited by the orchid-colored piece that I wore it out of the store and couldn't wait to show you all.

How will you embrace the color of the year?



No comments:

Post a Comment