Friday, January 10, 2014

Polish Pet Peeve

I have been feeling sick the past few days, so I haven't been up to par with my blogs.  Hopefully with some rest this weekend I will be feeling better!

Today I am sharing with you my biggest pet peeve when it comes to nail polish.  It absolutely drives me nuts when my favorite bottle gets gunky and clumpy.  For base coats I find it happens when I am down to a third left in the bottle and for light colored creme formulas, I see texture issues half way through the bottle.

This frustrates me because I spend anywhere from $7-$9 a bottle and it can't even last me without issues.  I don't buy high end brands, like Nars or Deborah Lippmann, because they are too expensive and chip, but these products will exhibit the same issues.

So, my foul-proof fix... Nail Polish Thinner.  It is a liquid product that you add to a nail polish bottle and it thins out those clumps.  You can even use it on a fresh bottle that just seems to thick.  Unfortunately, this happens frequently with light and pastel colors.
I pick mine up from Sally's, and my nail polishes are good as new. Never ever put remover in your polish bottles.  It will create a mess that cannot be fixed.



What are some of you biggest issues when it comes to painting your nails?




No comments:

Post a Comment