Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Collection

Those of you who know me personally know very well that I am a nail polish addict.  Like any addiction comes a slew of questions. Why nail polish?  What is your favorite color? How many bottles do you have? It goes on...
So I started painting my nails like crazy during my junior year of high school.  I was going through an extremely stressful time between AP classes, changing swim teams, the loss of a friendship and relationship all at once. Painting my nails became cathartic and a place for personal expression.  Some people write poetry, well, I paint nails...  I would LOVE going to Ulta, spending hours looking at racks of lacquer.  Ulta became my happy place.

I typically only buy from OPI, Essie, Zoya, China Glaze and occasionally Orly.  I am not a big fan of Sally Hansen or NYC Color... I think they are cheap.  However, I do believe those companies are upping their game because nail polish and nail art blew up in the past year.  So maybe in a few years I will try again.  I try to stay away from high end brands like Illamasqua, nails inc., Sephora's new line, Formula X, and Deborah Lippmann.  While these lines have beautiful and unique formulas, I just don't think they are worth the high price tag.

I don't have a favorite color. I promise. It depends on my mood, the weather, and what is going on in my life.  Sometimes if I am feeling down, I will go for some sparkle.  Or I might want something neutral if I need to be professional.

I have over 170 bottles of polish. And I brought them to college with me.  I couldn't leave them behind or it was like I was sacrificing a child.  My room has become nail polish headquarters and girls on the floor come to borrow a bottle here and there.

So... here are the pictures of my collection:












My dad built me the white rack, but since then I've continued to accumulate more bottles that they just don't fit! I do have an acrylic rack as well that it has base and top coats and any Julep polishes I've gotten in the Monthly Maven Box.  It just isn't as exciting as the main display.

When I goto school I have to cram the bottles into a three draw container... It is quite depressing.

If you are looking for a way to store your own collection, I highly suggest acrylic racks, because not only are they functional, but are a great display piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment