Friday, January 17, 2014

Add These To Your Vanity...

When I first purchased my Naked Palette a year and a half ago, I have been an avid follower of beauty bloggers/vloggers and pretty much visit the Sephora homepage once a day (if not more!)  I've been exposed to new products, spent more money than necessary and am now the owner of all three Naked palettes... is it necessary? No. But it makes me happy.

No matter your style or personal experience with make-up, here are 5 products I believe you should have in your collection.

1). Maybelline Color Sensational Color Whisper Lip Color
I love this product because it maintains a perfect balance between a sheer and lightweight formula that still delivers color. It is the perfect gateway to lip color, if you are on the timid side.  I own four shades, "Go Nude", "Petal Rebel", "Pink Possibilities" & "Rose of Attraction", and love all of them.  They are $7.50 at the drugstore.







2). L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Eyeliner
This product popped up on my radar after my favorite beauty vlogger, TiffanyD, spoke about it in her videos.  Now, I am totally in love with this product.  It is a liquid liner with a felt tip applicator.  Having a flexible felt tip applicator makes all the difference when it comes to applying the product because you decide how thick the line will be.  If you shy away from liquid liner, practice, practice, practice.  I suggest watching YouTube vloggers apply their liner so you can get a handle on the technique.  This is another product that can be picked up at the drugstore, for $9.


3). A neutral eyeshadow palette.
This will become your best friend when it comes to enhancing your natural beauty.  As a Naked fan, I am going to recommend you grab the Naked palette because it is the best beauty investment you will make.  However, because this is a high end product, only purchase it if you will use it regularly.  And if you do grab it, make sure you have the right tools to apply it with.  Those foam, q-tip shaped applicators don't cut it.  I suggest Sigma brushes or a more affordable option would be the e.l.f. brushes.  If you are hesitant about spending $52 on eye shadow, try the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quads in "Because I'm Worth It" or, "Cupa Joe".  These are only $7.99.



4). Eye Shadow Primer/Base
To make you shadow last throughout the day you need a primer or a base.  My second biggest pet peeve is when eye shadow creases... This happens for three reasons: 1). The eye shadow product is of poor quality. 2). You have oily lids that eat up the product. 3). You didn't use a primer.
I am a fan of Urban Decay's Primer Potion or Too Faced's Shadow Insurance.  Both are high-end products, however I cannot recommend any drugstore primers because I haven't tried them.  For eye shadow bases, I have been loving the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eye Shadow.  These have a creamy/gel-like formula that truly stay put.  Sometimes I wear them on their own or under shadow.  Pick them up at the drugstore for $6.99.
 



5). Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer
This is the best drugstore concealer I have tried, and it is only $8.99.  It has been raved about over YouTube, and I have personally enjoyed the results.  However, this is not a miracle product.  Don't expect it to completely rid you dark circles! If you do pick it up, it is available in 6 shades, including a neutralizing shade, and a pink-based brightening shade.

As you can see, I'm a fan of Maybelline, and Ulta.  I think I am drawn to the brand because you can score great deals on the products (Buy One Get One Half Off on Maybelline, L'Oreal, CoverGirl, Revlon to name a few!).  Check out Ulta's most recent sale flyer to see what kind of deals you can score!



No comments:

Post a Comment