Tuesday, February 18, 2014

NYFW Wrap Up

NY Fashion Week is over and now begins London Fashion Week.  NYFW was filled with beautiful textures, an emergence of color and wearable silhouettes.  I was pleasantly surprised by all the light pink that was scattered throughout many of designers collections.  Other big colors include hues of blue like cobalt (specifically Thakoon), teal, and an icy blue.  Muted pastels were made popular by Ralph Lauren.  Also apparent were jewel tones like ruby and emerald, I'm talking Jason Wu, Marchesa and Oscar de la Renta.

My favorite show had to be Jenny Packham's. I am a total sucker for evening wear, and she does it impeccably.  She makes clothes that make a woman's body beautiful, classy and glamourous.  Here are my favorite luxe looks:















So which of these do you think Kate Middleton will be sporting first? She is a long time Jenny Packham fan, here is InStyle's compilation of Middleton's many Packham looks:

Even my girl Carrie Underwood rocks Packham from time to time, this dress was from Spring 2012:





No comments:

Post a Comment