Monday, February 3, 2014

I Went Downtown With Lady A

My semester is in full swing at week three, and I am just becoming busier and busier with each day.  Between schoolwork, partaking in community service, traveling and blogging the tasks never end.  I am so sorry I have been light on the posts lately.  This past weekend I traveled down to Mohegan Sun to meet my parents and we went to the Lady Antebellum Take Me Downtown Tour.  It was such a great time.  I was in the pit, so no seats, standing only.  However, I was so up close and personal with Kacey Musgraves, who kicked off the show, Kip Moore and of course Lady A.  Not to mention, I was fortunate enough to win a meet and greet with the trio.  They were so sweet, personal and lovely.  My mother made a tutu and embroidered a onesie with the lyrics to Compass, the group's latest single, for Hillary Scott's new baby, Eisele.  When I presented it to Hillary Scott, she was very excited and loved the idea.

To see pictures, read more!






Kacey Musgraves, 2x Grammy winner, was so beautiful in person.  All of her equipment was bedazzled.  I especially loved her song Follow Your Arrow.


Kip Moore performed after Musgraves.  I'm not a fan of his music however he commanded the stage and put on a stellar rock-country show.


Lady A made their entrance singing Compass, if you haven't heard it you need to ASAP.  They started out on the other side of the arena, and then made their way to the main stage.  Keeping the whole audience involved.


I am completely in love with Charles Kelley.  He was the life of the party, he had such a good time on stage.  I couldn't stop watching him.

Being in the pit had its perks, I was in the confetti rain.   

I had such a wonderful time with my parents listening to great music.  If you ever have the opportunity to get tickets in the pit (often sold as general admission) I suggest you try it.  Just wear comfy shoes.  Because my cowboy boots left my toes numb!



No comments:

Post a Comment