Tuesday, November 12, 2013

RTR: The Common Girl's Key to Glamour

I decided to dedicate my first content post to Rent the Runway.  Rent the Runway is a company created by two best friends, who happen to be Harvard Grads (can you say girl power?). In the simplest form, RTR offers women of all ages and sizes the opportunity to wear designer dresses for a small price tag.  Dresses are typically rented for 4 days, and return shipping is covered by RTR! This line has been picking up popularity through recent campaigns, like through their partnership with Birchbox (I can get into a whole other blog post on Birchbox, its that exciting).  I am also totally loving RTR's collegiate program, RTR On Campus.  My school has its own chapter, where I was fortunate to win a Free Rental at their October Trunk Show.
So let's talk my experience with RTR:
I first noticed RTR in 2010, I was completely obsessed with this company.  However, being 16 years old, I didn't have any appropriate functions to wear a Christian Siriano cocktail dress.  Instead I spent my days clicking through the endless pages of designer gowns, setting aside favorites with the hopes of one day wearing them.
That day finally came in my senior year of high school.  For my Senior Supper dress I knew I wanted to have a one of a kind, stand out dress.  So of course I look to RTR.  I picked out this Elizabeth and James dress, a mix of sexy and classy:
I was in love.  Unfortunately, I ordered my dress during the Hurricane Sandy storm that completely demolished the East Coast.  During this time RTR's Headquarters, located in Manhattan, was damaged, and their records and rentals were affected by the electrical outages.  The day before my dress was shipped, I received a phone call from one of the sweetest costumer service representatives I have ever dealt with.  She informed me that this dress was no longer available and they stumbled upon this mistake so late because of the storm.  Of course this was a legit reason, but I was still freaking out because I needed a dress in three days.  This kind woman assured me that I could pick out any dress, no matter the rental price, as a replacement and they would rush ship it, free of charge, so I would have my dress in time.  Kudos to fabulous costumer service.  Of course, I had a difficult time deciding once again, but landed Badgley Mischka's Orion Sequin Orbit Sheath, a favorite of Carrie Underwood: 
  
(Credit: StyleBistro.com)                                        
I also rented these earrings to match!
(Anton Heunis "Something Blue Earrings" Credit RTR)
My experience at RTR was so wonderful, that I rented again for Winter Ball.  This time, it was Shoshanna's Candy Apple Dress:

Overall my RTR was experience was wonderful.  I got many compliments, and was able to refer others to this wonderful program.  My favorite part about RTR is that you rent two dress, so if you are unsure of sizes you can have a back up.  I also love that they offer an $8 insurance fee so if you happen to spill, or even be spilled on, that insurance fee will cover you! So I guess those are two things that I love?  Anyways, I hope this was an informative post that will move you over to RTR ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment