Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Staple Eyeliners

Today I thought I would share with you my most reached for eye liners and a few of my favorites.  Although I do love the quality of high-end products, being a college student on a budget keeps me away from spending $20+ on an eye-liner that I can pick up at Ulta or Target for $6 or $7...
 First let's talk about gel/cream eye-liners.


These types of eye-liners can be very intimidating because you have to use a brush to apply them.  However, I find that these have better staying power and pigmentation.
My most used liner is the Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in brown.
Maybelline sells this product in Blackest Black, Brown, Charcoal, and Eggplant.


I love this shade because it is a dark brown that is neutral yet doesn't overwhelm my light complexion.  It enhances rather than make a bold statement.  For $9.99 check out Ulta, they always have a BOGO type deal with drugstore brands.

This next liner is the L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24 Hour in the shade Navy.  This too can be purchased at Ulta for $9.99.

I know it doesn't look too navy in the picture, however once applied there is a clear navy hue.  I was looking for a navy liner for quite some time, however everything I found was too blue.  This shade by L'Oreal is neutral enough that it adds a spark of blue but isn't in your face.

This eyeliner is Sephora's Waterproof Smokey Cream Liner in Bewitch Me, for $12.  

Bewitch Me is described as a metallic, deep violet.  My favorite part about this liner is the rich pigment it produces.  However, to get to the "deep violet" you have to go over the initial line you drew once it dries.  This shade is complementary to blue eyes, which is why I purchased it!  The Waterproof Smokey Cream Liner comes in 8 different shades ranging from neutrals to fun, brights!

Now, onto my pencil and liquid liners!


My favorite liner to create a defined, bold line (and a cat eye which I recently mastered!) is the L'Oreal Lineur Intense Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black. The tip of the brush is narrow and flexible enough that I can achieve a line of any thickness.

The next brush on the list is probably my most favorite eye-liners of all times.  Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil can be purchased from Urban Decay or Sephora for $19 a pencil.  While they are very expsensive, they are so worth the price.  I first purchased a 24/7 pencil from Urban Decay in 7th grade, in the shade Gunmetal which is so old its not even sold anymore.  However, I do believe the replacement shade is called "Uzi".  Anyways, these are every beauty guru's favorite pencil because of the cream texture with brilliant pigment and staying power.  Everyone is sometimes afraid to branch to the gel liners, so I would recommend the 24/7 pencils as a substitute.  
These are so popular, Urban Decay is selling The Vault, 40 full-sized pencils for a low price of $300... 

Please sense my sarcasm.  This item was released about a month ago, and is already sold out.  Catch a review on Musings of a Muse.

My final pencil is your basic black liner.  Because I don't use it often, I didn't feel the need to splurge on one from UD.  Instead I went for the $1.99 NYC Kohl Eyebrow/Eyeliner Pencil that can be purchased from any drugstore.  I think its important to have a cheap, basic liner that will always be a staple.

Eyeliners and mascaras have always been my favorite make-up products.  What are yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment