Friday, October 24, 2014

New Beauty Tool: Tarte "The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer"

I was poking around on the Ulta website the other day and came across this new product from Tarte.  At first I figured it was just a contouring stick.  But I looked more closely, I realized it was much more "ornate" than that.

Tarte is claiming this product will give you the appearance of a slenderized face with just the swipe of a crayon. "Drop 5 pounds in 5 minutes," the ad boasted.   I thought it was far out there, then I watched the accompanying video:


I don't know about you, but I am not impressed with the video.  I think the product is too over the top, and the video did a poor job of showcasing its application.  Products typically do poorly in the market because customers do not understand its application.  This video barely showcased the blending process on the model's check!  For customers to truly understand how to use this product, they need to see her actually blending that ultra dark line (which in my opinion was too much) with that specific brush.  Seeing the technique the model uses is important to at-home success.

The stick will only be ideal for a limited number of skin tones, and I can easily see users becoming easily frustrated with it.

If you are interested, check it out at Ulta for $24.



No comments:

Post a Comment