Saturday, October 18, 2014

Nail News: OPI's Infinite Shine

Since the introduction of gel nail treatments, cosmetic companies have consistently been creating new formulas for "at home gel" or "gel-like shine" polishes.  The market is becoming very saturated, and I've been hearing mixed reviews about everything.  Prestige brands like Essie and OPI have kept their gel formulas to salon only.  However, OPI is now releasing a line called Infinite Shine.
Infinite Shine is a three step gel effects system promising shine and flawless wear for 7-10 days.  The lacquer does not require any LED lights and takes off just like normal OPI lacquer.  As of now there are 30 shades in the line, and I imagine if it is successful, they will continue adding colors from their seasonal collections.
Typically I stay away from the three step systems put out by drugstore brands; just because in my experience, you get what you pay for.  I'd rather spend money on the prestige brands knowing I will get the color and formula payoff that I am looking for.  With that being said, I am very interested in seeing how well OPI's Infinite Shine works.  The bottles currently being sold on Amazon are priced at $18, which certainly adds up.  As it becomes more widely available, hopefully the price will drop.  Word on the street is these babies will be sold in stores November 3rd, however a definitive list of locations carrying the line has yet to be disclosed.

Step 1: Primer 

 
Step 2: Polish

Step 3: Gloss

Here's a wall display of the product line!

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment