Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Setting Your Make-Up

As we start inching towards warmer days, an issue I hear of quite a bit is make-up fall out.  Girls take issue with their make-up wearing off, smudging and having their look be completely different at 5pm compared to when they applied it at 8am.  While it is difficult to find products that will stay on, yet not clog pores is challenging, there are a few solutions that may solve some of your problems.

Setting your make-up.

You can do this in a few ways.  I'm going to start with my favorite:
Setting Powder.  Setting powder is especially great if you tend to have oily skin.  Even if you do not wear make up, but want a more matte look to your skin, swipe some of this on.  Because this is becoming a major "trend" in cosmetics, just about every brand has its own setting powder.  Apply it with a fluffy brush.
Currently in my vanity:

I went with Sephora's product simply because of price.  I know their products are of great quality, and because it is something I  dont't use every day I didn't want to spend a ton of money.  I really love it because you can see the difference on your skin once you apply the product.

High End Options:





Drugstore Options:

I also use this one from time to time.  Again, it is great for the price.


Setting Spray.  Beauty Bloggers rave about this stuff, and once I received a sample, I was in love too.  Setting spray is applied somewhat awkwardly.  Once you have finished applying all of your make-up, you close your eyes, and hold the bottle a few inches from your face and spritz! Kind of weird, but it really works!  Sprays are really great if you oily lids (use a primer too!), because you don't have to worry about sweeping another product on.  For example, I use the spray if I know I am going to be in an overheated environment for an extended period of time.
Currently In My Vanity:


You guys know I am quite loyal to Urban Decay! UD is great because not only do they have All Nighter, but there are two other formulas, De-Slick for oil-control, and Chill for moisture renewal.  I have not used De-Slick or Chill, so I cannot vouch for either's success, however UD products typically hold up to their claims.

Drugstore Option:


NYX also has a formula for a "dewy" look.

Per my opinion, I believe products for setting your makeup are worth the investment because they actually work!


No comments:

Post a Comment