Friday, June 13, 2014

L'Oreal Paris Sleek It Product Review

Hey guys. A few posts ago I mentioned receiving the entire Advanced Hairstyle product line from L'Oreal Paris.  I've been mostly using the Sleek It products, so I felt that it was time for a review!



When it comes to hairstyling, my goto look is smooth and straight.  I will either blow my hair out with a hair dryer or will straighten it, but never both. I recommend using one heat product per wash so you limit the amount of potential damage to your hair.  Anyways, the Sleek It products appealed to me the most because I can apply them to everyday use.  The Sleek It family includes Iron Straight Heatspray, Frizz Vanisher Cream, and Strand Smoother Serum-Spray.  Typically I will use two out of the three at once depending on the style.  For example, if I am blow drying my hair I will use the heatspray and the frizz cream.  Whereas if I am straightening my hair I will use the heatspray and the serum-spray.

First, I'll talk a little about the heatspray ($4.99).


L'Oreal claims it will keep hair sleek for 3 days and will protect the hair up to 450 degrees Farenheit.  I think this spray does its job, but I wouldn't put it above any other heatspray I've ever used.  I do like the nozzle dispenser better than the traditional "push-down spritzer" of most sprays.  My only complaint would be its tendency for greasiness.  I've noticed that if I spray it too close to my roots they are left super shiny and greasy.  So when spraying it, focus the product on the body of the hair.

Next is the Frizz Vanisher Cream ($4.99).

This product also claims to keep hair sleek for 3 days and will keep hair silky and humidity resistant.  Its meant to be used as a blow-dry cream.  Apply it to damp hair, then continue to blow dry with a brush for a "sleek look".  I thought the product was great when I was done blow drying.  My hair was extremely soft to the touch and stayed like that for almost 3 days.

Lastly, is the Strand Smoother Serum Spray ($4.99), which happens to be my favorite!

I think this stuff is wonderful because tradition serums are sticky and hard to apply to hair all over.  But having it in a spray formula eliminates all of those issues! It claims to give hair 24 hour hi-shine, resist humidity and stay silky to the touch.  I used this as a finishing product to keep down the top layer of frizz/whispies that tend to pop up.  I found that it really worked and mostly held up to its claims.

All in all, I believe this is a pretty good product line.  If you are already using a heatspray, don't rush out and pick up this one, it is pretty basic.  However if you are feeling the need for a "pick me up beauty purchase" grab the serum-spray because its really awesome.  Just remember, moderation is key.  Using too much of any product will weigh your hair down and make it look gross.  Also keep in mind, everyone's hair is different so these products may react differently with your hair than it did mine.

You can find L'Oreal Paris Advance Hairstyle at you local drugstore, Target, Walmart and Ulta.


No comments:

Post a Comment